Lansallos, Cornwall GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Lansallos, Cornwall family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
LANSALLOES (St. Alwys), a parish, in the union of Liskeard, hundred of West, E. division of Cornwall, 6 miles (W. by S.) from West Looe.
Lansallos St Ildierna is an Ancient Parish in the county of Cornwall. Other places in the parish include: Crumplehorn, Polperro, and Ternewan.
Births, marriages and deaths were kept by the government from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is Free BMD.
Lansallos, Cornwall Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|COPC = Cornwall Online Parish Clerks - free|
|FMP = FindMyPast - (£)|
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|IGI = International Genealogical Index (FamilySearch) - free|
|Lansallos, Cornwall Genealogy Parish Online Records|
||1682-1772, 1813-1901|| |
Images of parish registers are available online in historic records (formerly Record Search) Images refer to Cornwall County Record Office reference: P 114
Cornwall Online Parish Clerks
An extremely useful resource is the Cornwall Online Parish Clerks page for the parish http://www.cornwall-opc.org/Par_new/l_m/lansallos.php
The history, registers and much more have been contributed by the Online Parish clerk for Lansallos .
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241274.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to [county] Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
There are many maps and gazetteers showing English places. Valuable web sites are:
- England Jurisdictions 1851
- Vision of Britain
Add here any relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- ↑ Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 28-30. Date accessed: 20 March 2013
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Coverage by Parish,' Cornwall Online Parish Clerks, accessed 2 December 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Baptisms', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Marriages', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- ↑ 'Cornwall Burials', Find My Past, accessed 25 November 2013.
- ↑ Cornwall Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 18 November 2013.
- ↑ Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Cornwall, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 22 November 2013.