Lapeer County, MichiganEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Lapeer County is located north of Oakland County and east of Genesee County, Michigan. It is thought that the name comes from an aliteration of the French name 'La Pierre'.
1822--Lapeer County was created 10 September 1822 from Oakland, and St. Clair Counties and unorganized territory. It was attached to Oakland County prior to organization 2 February 1835. County seat: Lapeer 
Civil War service men from Lapeer County served in various regiments. Men often joined a regiment or a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are the military units that were formed in or had many men from Lapeer County.
- - 1st Regiment, Michigan Cavalry, Company F
- Michigan Birth Registrations, 1867-1902 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as name of child, birthdate and place, if still-born, illegitimate or twin, gender, race and record number.
- Michigan Marriage Registrations, 1868-1925 -- Free name indexes at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as names of bride and groom, date of license, ages, race, residences, birthplaces, occupations and names of the fathers of the bride and groom.
- Michigan Death Registrations, 1867-1897-- Free name indexes and images at https://www.familysearch.org/search/collection/show#uri=http://www.familysearch.org/searchapi/search/collection/1452402 FamilySearch Record Search]. Records include such information as name of deceased, date and place of death, gender, color, marital status, age in years, months and days, disease or apparent cause of death, birthplace, names and occupations of parents, and the date the record was made.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Lapeer County, Michigan page 347, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
We want your opinion!
Give feedback on two US state pages by clicking on the purple button belowClick Here