FamilySearch LibrariesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Return to the Main Page
Following is a list of the "Library Class" branches of the LDS Church's FamilySearch library system, which includes the world-reknown Family History Library in Salt Lake City. These are Regional Family History Centers and Large Multi-stake Family History Centers that are designated as "Library Class." They are not to be confused with the 4,000 plus smaller ward and stake FHCs.
"Library Class" is defined as having a larger facility and are generally complete with a dedicated internal computer server and a library catalog or card catalog of their collection. These branch libraries have dedicated book collections in the thousands, microfilm & microfliche in the tens of thousands, dozens of internet connected computers and microfilm & microfliche readers and some digital scanners. All have dedicated servers with DSL, cable or T-1 internet access. In addition all have at least one multi-use classroom, and several research areas.
These branch libraries have a dedicated non-paid full-time director (usually a husband/wife team) and dozens of volunteer staff. In many cases non-church member volunteers serve from the community. Local genealogy groups often support these library facilities.
- BYU Family History Library, part of the Harold B. Lee Library, at Brigham Young University, in Provo, Utah. The BYU Family History Library was one of the original planned FHCs and is now independent of the FHC system.
- Idaho Falls Regional Family History Center, Idaho Falls, Idaho
- Las Vegas Regional Family History Center, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Logan Utah Family History Center, Logan, Utah
- London Family History Centre, Hyde Park, London, England (website)
- Los Angeles Family History Library, Los Angeles, California
- Mesa Arizona Regional Family History Center, Mesa, Arizona See also Mesa Family History Center
- Oakland Regional Family History Center, Oakland, California
- Ogden Utah Family History Center, Ogden, Utah
- Orange Regional Family History Center, Orange, California
- Pocatello Regional Family History Center, Pocatello, Idaho
- Riverton FamilySearch Library, Riverton Utah 
- Sacramento Regional Family History Center, Sacramento, California
- St. George Regional Family History Training Center, St. George, UT. Click here. 
- San Diego Family History Library, San Diego, California
- ↑ Allen, James B.; Jessie L. Embry; Kahlile B. Mehr. Hearts Turned to the Fathers: A History of the Genealogical Society of Utah. Provo: BYU Studies, 1995.
- ↑ Family history centers in Salt Lake area will be consolidated, Shill, Aaron, Mormon Times, Deseret News Publishing Company, accessed June 7, 2010
- ↑ Utah Main web site under construction.
- FamilySearch.org for information on smaller family history center locations.
- Family History Library research wiki
- New York FHCs representing ward, stake and other Family History Centers.
- Los Angeles Family History Library formerly known as the "Los Angeles Regional Family History Center" is now designated as a "Large Multi-Stake Family History Center" by the LDS Church, but not by its supporting genealogical organizations and patrons (members and non-members).
- Family History Library Official Site
- FamilySearch Indexing
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback