Las Vegas Nevada FSL/ResourcesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 00:27, 17 July 2012 by Fritty
- Brand new Lenovo 23" screen Windows 7 computers
- Computer Lab classroom with 12 networked computers
- New classes-growing monthly
Hardware & Equipment
- 28 networked computer workstations with printer access
- 14 networked computer workstations with printer access in a dedicated classroom setting
- Paper copier
- 10 microfilm readers
- 3 microfiche readers
- 2 microfiche/film scanner
- 1 flatbed scanner
- Classroom has seating for 15 students plus a computer, projector and teaching station for the instructor.
- Computer Lab with 12 networked computers for training.
Las VegasFamily History Center has a copier/scanner where you have the ability to:
- Scan photos and transfer them to a flash drive.
- You can also make printed copies.
Databases & Software
- Genealogy database software (Ancestral Quest, Family Insight, Family Tree Maker, Legacy, PAF, RootsMagic)
- Word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software using OpenOffice
- Pedigree Resource File (complete on server)
- Free access to several subscription sites through the FamilySearch Portal such as Ancestry.com, British Newspapers, Find-My-Past (UK), Footnote, Genline (Swedish), Heritage Quest, World Vital Records and others.
- Free internet access to the New England Historical and Genealogical Society (NEGHS) website
- Research aids such as Animap and Parish Locator
- Research databases such as Acadian-Cajun Family Trees, Austrailian Vital Records and Mormon Immigration Index.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More