Las Vegas Nevada FSL/ResourcesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 18:22, 16 November 2012 by Sandykj
- Brand new Lenovo 23" screen Windows 7 computers
- Computer Lab classroom with 12 networked computers
- New classes-growing monthly
Hardware & Equipment
- 28 networked computer workstations with printer access
- 14 networked computer workstations with printer access in a dedicated classroom setting
- Paper copier
- 10 microfilm readers
- 3 microfiche readers
- 3 microfiche/film scanners
- 1 flatbed scanner
- Classroom has seating for 15 students plus a computer, projector and teaching station for the instructor.
- Computer Lab with 12 networked computers for training.
Las VegasFamily History Center has a copier/scanner where you have the ability to:
- Scan photos and transfer them to a flash drive.
- You can also make printed copies.
Databases & Software
- Genealogy database software (PAF, RootsMagic, Legacy, Ancestral Quest, Family Insight, Family Tree Maker,)
- Word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software using OpenOffice
- Free access to several subscription sites through the FamilySearch Portal such as Ancestry.com, British Newspapers, Find-My-Past (UK), Footnote, Genline (Swedish), Heritage Quest, World Vital Records and others.
- Free internet access to the New England Historical and Genealogical Society (NEGHS) website
Free Access to membership websites:
o Ancestry.com offers the largest collection of databases of any genealogy site on the Internet with over three billion names search-able in its data files.
o Footnote-most noted for their association with NARA, National Archives. Footnote features search-able original historical documents, from the National Archives and other content providers.
o Access Newspaper Archives – world's largest online newspaper archive featuring billions of article from historical newspapers of US and world.
o Alexander Stree Press, American Civil War – Research data, letters, diaries, images, photographs, posters and ephemera.
o ArkivDigital Online – Swedish Church records and other historical records.
o Find-My-Past – Research UK, census records, trace births, marriages and deaths.
o Fold3 – Best online military records and stories.
o The Genealogist – English parish records, directories, census, civil registration, surname mapping and selected army and navy lists.
o Heritage Quest-Search census, books, Revolutionary War-select pensions and bounty-land warrant applications, Freedman’s Bank-freed slaves, PERSI-PERiodical Source Index, and US Serial Set- Search.
o Historical Map Works Library Edition – One of the most extensive digital map collections available to track the “residential genealogy” of families and locations.
o Origins.net – Comprehensive and exclusive British and Irish record collection dating back to the 13th century as well as rare and unique photos and books to browse.
o World Vital Records- Access to birth, marriage and death records, Social Security Death Index, family trees, census records, immigration records, court, land and probate records; military records directory lists; newspapers, family histories, biographies, wills, ship manifests, map collection and yearbooks.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More