Las Vegas Nevada FSL/ResourcesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 04:24, 10 August 2011 by Sandykj
Hardware & Equipment
- 17 networked computer workstations with printer access
- Paper copier
- 10 microfilm readers
- 2 microfiche readers
- 2 microfiche/film scanner
- 1 flatbed scanners
- Classroom has seating for 15 students plus a computer, projector and teaching station for the instructor.
Las VegasFamily History Center has a copier/scanner where you have the ability to:
- Scan photos and transfer them to a flash drive.
- You can also make printed copies.
Databases & Software
- Genealogy database software (Ancestral Quest, Family Insight, Family Tree Maker, Legacy, PAF, RootsMagic)
- Word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software such as Word, WordPerfect and OpenOffice (on selected machines)
- Pedigree Resource File (complete on server)
- Free access to several subscription sites through the FamilySearch Portal such as Ancestry.com, British Newspapers, Find-My-Past (UK), Footnote, Genline (Swedish), Heritage Quest, World Vital Records and others.
- Free internet access to the New England Historical and Genealogical Society (NEGHS) website
- Research aids such as Animap and Parish Locator
- Research databases such as Acadian-Cajun Family Trees, Austrailian Vital Records and Mormon Immigration Index.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News