Las Vegas Nevada FSL/ResourcesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 17:54, 23 April 2012 by Sandykj
- Brand new Lenovo 23" screen Windows 7 computers
- Computer Lab classroom with 12 networked computers
- New classes-growing monthly
Hardware & Equipment
- 28 networked computer workstations with printer access
- 14 networked computer workstations with printer access in a dedicated classroom setting
- Paper copier
- 10 microfilm readers
- 3 microfiche readers
- 2 microfiche/film scanner
- 1 flatbed scanner
- Classroom has seating for 15 students plus a computer, projector and teaching station for the instructor.
- Computer Lab with 12 networked computers for training.
Las VegasFamily History Center has a copier/scanner where you have the ability to:
- Scan photos and transfer them to a flash drive.
- You can also make printed copies.
Databases & Software
- Genealogy database software (Ancestral Quest, Family Insight, Family Tree Maker, Legacy, PAF, RootsMagic)
- Word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software using OpenOffice
- Pedigree Resource File (complete on server)
- Free access to several subscription sites through the FamilySearch Portal such as Ancestry.com, British Newspapers, Find-My-Past (UK), Footnote, Genline (Swedish), Heritage Quest, World Vital Records and others.
- Free internet access to the New England Historical and Genealogical Society (NEGHS) website
- Research aids such as Animap and Parish Locator
- Research databases such as Acadian-Cajun Family Trees, Austrailian Vital Records and Mormon Immigration Index.