Lassen County, California GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
2610 Riverside Drive
Susanville, CA 96130
The new Lassen Superior Court Hall of Justice opened at their new location on Riverside Drive in May of 2012.
The County Clerk and Recorder's Office is in the old courthouse located at 220 S. Lassen Street, Susanville, CA 96130 (phone 530.251.8216). The County Clerk has divorce, probate court and naturalization records from 1864. The County Recorder has marriage records from 1864, land records from 1857, birth and death records from 1907, some prior to 1907 but incomplete before 1929.
For tips on accessing Lassen County, California Genealogy census records online, see: California Census.
Church History and Records
LDS Ward and Branch Records
Crime and Criminals
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Land and Property
- California Trail 1844 to 1869 from western Missouri to northern California
- The Lassen Cutoff 1848 was established by gold rushers from Oregon going to California. It branched off the Applegate Trail at Davis Creek, went through Devil's Garden to the Pit River passing east of Mt. Lassen, and turning west to Lassen Rancho, California, and from there to Sacramento. In some years as much as 1/3 of emigrants mistakenly took the Applegate Trail-Lassen Cutoff, a much longer and more difficult trail than the Truckee or Carson routes.
- Beckwourth Trail 1850 left the Truckee Trail near present-day Sparks, Nevada going to Oroville and Marysville, California
- Nobles Road 1851 from the Applegate Trail at Rabbithole Springs in the Black Rock Desert of Nevada to Shasta City, California
Military History and Records
Naturalization and Citizenship
Archives, Libraries and Museums
Family History Centers
- Lassen County CAGenWeb
- USGenWeb Archives
- USGenWeb Archives backup site
- FamilySearch Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Lassen County, California. Page 85 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ National Park Service, "California Trail" (map) in California National Historic Trail at http://www.nps.gov/cali/planyourvisit/upload/CALImap1-web.pdf (accessed 5 August 2011).
- ↑ Wikipedia contributors, "California Trail" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Trail (accessed 5 August 2012).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News