Lauderdale County, MississippiEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Lauderdale County Mississippi genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Lauderdale County Courthouse
410 Constitution Ave; PO Box 1587
Meridian, MS 39302
Clerk Chancery Court has divorce, probate and land records.
Clerk Circuit Court has marriage and court records.
County Health Department has birth and death records. 
1833--Lauderdale County was created 23 December 1833 from the Choctaw Cession.
County seat: Meridian 
For tips on accessing Lauderdale County, Mississippi census records online, see: Mississippi Census.
- Civil War service men from Lauderdale County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Lauderdale County.
- - 1st Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry Reserves
- Company A - Reynold’s Company
- - 2nd Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry
- Company C - Lauderdale Cavalry
- - 5th Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry
- Company G - Allen’s Company
- - 5th Regiment, Mississippi Infantry
- Company C - Lauderdale Springs Greys
- - 8th Regiment, Mississippi Infantry
- Company E - Tallahoma Hardshells [also listed as Co. H]
- Company H - Southern Sentinels [also listed as Co. B]
- Company I - Confederate Guards [also listed as Co. G]
Civil War Battle
The following Civil War Battle was fought in Lauderdale County
- Map showing Civil war battles in Mississippi.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Lauderdale County, MS Archives & History, Inc. - Virtual Research Room!
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Lauderdale County, Mississippi page 380, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 7 August 2012)
|This Mississippi-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback