Leake County, Mississippi GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Mississippi-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Leake County Courthouse
Court Sq; PO Box 72;
Carthage, MS 39051
Clerk Chancery Court has marriage records,
divorce records from 1871,
court records, land records from 1833,
probate records from 1840 and military records from 1918. 
1833--Leake County was created 23 December 1833 from the Choctaw Cession.
County seat: Carthage 
For tips on accessing Leake County, Mississippi Genealogy census records online, see: Mississippi Census.
- Civil War service men from Leake County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Leake County.
- - 1st Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry Reserves
- Company E - Hall’s Company
- - 6th Regiment, Mississippi Infantry
- Company C - Quitman Southrons
- - Perrin's Battalion, Mississippi State Cavalry
- Company D - Perkins’ Company
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Leake County, Mississippi page 380, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).