Leake County, Mississippi GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 14:37, 8 December 2010 by WHITTAKERKR
|This Mississippi-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
1833--Leake County was created 23 December 1833 from the Choctaw Cession. County seat: Carthage 
- Civil War service men from Leake County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Leake County.
- - 6th Regiment, Mississippi Infantry
- Company C - Quitman Southrons
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).