Lee County, Georgia GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Lee County Georgia genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Lee County, Georgia|
Location of Georgia in the U.S.
|Founded||December 11, 1826|
|Address|| Lee County Courthouse|
PO Box 889
Leesburg, GA 31763-0056
Lee County Website
Clerk Superior Court has marriage, divorce and court records
1825--Lee County was created 11 December 1826 from Creek Indian Lands. County seat: Leesburg 
1858--The courthouse in Starkville burned with all of the county records. Another fire in 1872 destroyed the temporary courthouse in Leesburg.
Places / Localities
- Wills 1854-1858 (abstracts) Georgia Pioneers
- Digital Images of Wills 1854-1891. See names of testators. Georgia Pioneers
- Index to Will Book A, 1854-1966 Georgia Pioneers
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Lee County, Georgia Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Georgia Pioneers Georgia Pioneers ($)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Lee County, Georgia. Page 157 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/5/57/Igigeorgiael.pdf.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News