Leeds County, OntarioEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Links to censuses, cemetery transcriptions, military records, passenger lists, family history societies for Leeds County, Ontario, Canada www.genealogylinks.net/canada/ontario/leeds-county.htm
Leeds County Genealogy Queries
This site is a message board for Leeds, Ontario, Canada,http://www.cousinconnect.com/p/a/103328/
Ontario Genealogical Society Leeds & Grenville Branch
Ontario GenWeb Project Leeds and Grenville Counties
www.ikweb.com/murduck/genealogy/resources/leeds-grenville/ This site contains articles and links to Census Returns, Cemeteries, Churches and Congrations plus much more.
1852 Census of Canada West (Ontario) District 20 Leeds automatedgenealogy.com/census52/District.jsp
This site has a surname search that makes it easy to find your family in the 1852 Census.
The Olive Tree Genealogy
Your link to the past since February 1996! Search for your ancestors in free Ships' Passenger lists, Naturalization Records, Palatine Genealogy, Canadian Genealogy, American Genealogy, Native American Genealogy, Huguenots, Mennonites, Almshouse Records, Orphan Records, church records, military muster rolls, census records, land records and more. marks FREE genealogy records. www.olivetreegenealogy.com
Rideau Heritage Route Genealogy
Communities along the Rideau Heritage route originally began to be settled in the late 1700's and 1800's. Settlers came from Europe either for a new beginning or to escape some foreign pressure. In our area, thousands of Irish immigrants were used for labour to build the Rideau Canal. When did your ancestor immigrate to Ontario? Did they help build this historical marvel? This section will provide information on finding resources to help you answer these questions. www.rideauheritageroute.ca/en/aboutrideau/genealogy.asp
|This Ontario-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
History of Leeds and Grenville-Online books from "Canada's Local Histories Online"
www.ourroots.ca/e/toc.aspx This site contains two digial books:
- The History of Leeds and Grenville by Leavitt, Thaddeus and William Henry
- History of Leeds and Grenville, Ontario, from 1749 to 1879 : with illustrations and biographical sketches of some of its prominent men and pioneers.
Leeds Historical Society
Preserving the Cornerstones of our Past www.leedshistoricalsociety.org/page14.html
Leeds County, Ontario: Original Townships
bit.ly/ad1W9G This link has the original townships and links to each township.
- Bastard now part of Rideau Lakes
- Elizabethtown now part of Elizabethtown-Kitley
- Escott Front of Escott now part of Leeds and the Thousand Islands, Rear of Escott now part of Athens
- Kitley now part of Elizabethtown-Kitley
- Lansdowne now part of Leeds and the Thousand Islands
- Leeds now part of Leeds and the Thousand Islands
- North Crosby now part of Rideau Lakes
- South Burgess now part of Rideau Lakes
- South Crosby now part of Rideau Lakes
- South Elmsley now part of Rideau Lakes
- Yonge Front of Yonge still exists, Rear of Yonge and Escott now part of Athens