Lenawee County, Michigan Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
(working on bread crumbs)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
''[[United States|United States]] [[Michigan]] Lenawee County''
Revision as of 21:28, 29 January 2013
- Osborn Cemetery, Macon BillionGraves
An excellent source for early history of Tecumseh, Lenawee County, Michigan can be found in One Hundred Years-A Country Town:The Village of Tecumseh, Michigan 1824-1924 by Clara Waldron. Published by Thomas A Riordan, 1968.
Civil War service men from Lenawee County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies and regiments that had many men from Lenawee County.
- Michigan Birth Registrations, 1867-1902 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as name of child, birthdate and place, if still-born, illegitimate or twin, gender, race and record number.
- Michigan Marriage Registrations, 1868-1925 -- Free name indexes at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as names of bride and groom, date of license, ages, race, residences, birthplaces, occupations and names of the fathers of the bride and groom.
- Michigan Death Registrations, 1867-1897-- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as name of deceased, date and place of death, gender, color, marital status, age in years, months and days, disease or apparent cause of death, birthplace, names and occupations of parents, and the date the record was made.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Lenawee County, Michigan page 347, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).