Lenoir County, North CarolinaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This North Carolina-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Lenoir County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
1791--Lenoir County was created 4 December 1791 from Dobbs County. Dobbs County was abolished in 1791.
County seat: Kinston 
1878, 1880--Most court records were destroyed in fires.
- Order uncertified copies of birth, death & marriage certificates from the Register of Deeds
- Free death certificates for NC from 1906-1930 via FamilySearch
- Lenoir County NCGenWeb - various records for deaths and obituaries
- Grainger High School - senior class listings from 1927-1970
- Lenoir County students at NC colleges - via the NCGenWeb Yearbook Index
Societies and Libraries
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback