Leon County, Florida GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Leon County Florida genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Leon County, Florida|
Location in the state of Florida
Location of Florida in the U.S.
|Founded||December 29, 1824|
Leon County Courthouse
301 S Monroe Street
Tallahassee, Florida 32302
Clerk Circuit Court has marriage, divorce, probate,
court and land records from 1825
and military discharge records from 1914.
County Health Department has birth, death and burial records. 
Places / Localities
Belair, Bradford, Centerville, Chaires, Felkel, Fort Braden, Lamonia, Meridian, Miccosukee, Ochlockonee, Wadesboro
MeadowWood Memorial Park
700 Timberlane Road, Tallahassee, FL 32312
For tips on accessing Leon County, Florida Genealogy census records online, see: Florida Census.
Civil War Battle
The following Civil War battle was fought in Leon County.
Map showing Civil War battles in Florida.
- 1825-1932 - Leon County Marriage Index 1825-1932 in International Genealogical Index at FamilySearch - free.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- The FLGenWeb Project affiliate of the USGenWeb
- Leon County FLGenWeb member of The FLGenWeb Project and The USGenWeb Project.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Leon County, Florida Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Leon County, FLGenWeb Project, Inc.
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Leon County, Florida Page 135 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 26 June 2012).
- ↑ Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/5/54/Igiflorida.pdf.
|This Florida-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.