Lewis County, Kentucky GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Kentucky-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
There has been no boundary changes since the county was formed.
|Bald Point (hist.)||Emerson||Kirkville||Rugless|
|Buena Vista||Epworth||Mount Vernon (hist.)||Saint Paul|
|Burtonville||Fearisville||Nashtown||Saint Marys (hist.)|
|Clarksburg||Glen Springs||Poplar Flat||Tannery|
The following have information concerning African American research. Both should be used:
- African American Research (US) has more information about the kinds of records
- Kentucky Minorities has information specific to Kentucky African Americans.
Biographies, Family Histories/Trees, GEDCOM files etc.
cemetery records often identify birth, death, relationship, and military information, as well as religious affiliation. Local volunteers through Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness may take photographs of headstones found in county cemeteries.
- Kentucky Historical Society Cemetery Search can be searched by name, place and/or date. This database has hundreds of thousands of names transcribed from gravestones across Kentucky.
- Find A Grave can be searched by the name of a person or family to find where a person is buried. Usually gives birth and death dates often with a picture of the tombstone. May give obituaries, names of family members and links to their information in Find A Grave.
- Find A Grave also gives a list of cemeteries in Lewis County and links to the information for the individuals buried there,
- Kentucky Cemeteries lists the national cemeteries in Kentucky with links to their web sites. The first link under Online Kentucky Cemeteries goes to the Kentucky section of Interment.net
- Lewis Co. KY USGenWeb Tombstone Project usually gives the names of the deceased in alphabetical order by last name with birth and death dates plus any remarks.
- The Family History Library Catalog lists some records of cemeteries in Lewis County. Some of the books or others may be on Google Books or available at public libraries.
- ePodunk list of Lewis County cemeteries gives the names of the cemeteries in the county with a link to more information such as address, phone number, and web site.
- Linkpendium Cemeteries
- Lewis County Cemeteries
State Board of Elections-Kentucky County Clerks Scroll down the page or use index at top to go to desired county.
Army & Air Corp World II Casulty List
Lewis County Kentucky World War II Casulties Army and Air Force
List of Revolutionary War Pensioners
Soldiers of the Great War, Fallen Kentucky Soldiers in WWI, Lewis County
Societies and Libraries
- Family History Library Catalog
- KyGenWeb-Lewis County
- Lewis County Kentucky History & Genealogy
- Lewis County Kentucky Archives Project
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).