Lewis County, West VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This West Virginia-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
110 Center Avenue
Weston, WV 26452
- County Clerk has birth & death records from 1853
- Marriage Probate and Land Records from 1816
- Clerk Circuit Court has divorce records
See an interactive map of Lewis County boundary changes.
Places / Localities
For tips on accessing Lewis County, West Virginia census records online, see: West Virginia Census.
Join us inindexing the 1940 Census
- [Hacker] “A Noted Mason Dead: The Demise of William Hacker at a Ripe Old Age,” [Newspaper obituary] (Shelbyville, Ohio), 29 July 1891, reprinted in Hacker’s Creek Journal, Vol. 6, No. 1 (Fall 1987):31-32.
- [Swisher] Swisher, Robert Edward. The Swisher Family of Harrison and Lewis Counties, West Virginia. Richmond, Va.: Whittet & Shepperson, 1974. FHL Book 929.273 Sw65r.
- A Census of Pensioners for Revolutionary or Military Services: With their Names, Ages, and Places of Residence, as Returned by the Marshalls of the Several Judicial Districts, Under the Act for Taking the Sixth Census]. 1841. Digital versions at U.S. Census Bureau and Google Books et. al. 1967 reprint: FHL Collection 973 X2pc 1840. [See Virginia, Western District, Lewis County on page 135.]
- Rejected or Suspended Applications for Revolutionary War Pensions. Washington, D.C., 1852. Reprinted by Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., 1969, and 1991. Reprints include "an Added Index to States." FHL Collection 973 M24ur; digital version at Ancestry ($). [Includes veterans from this county; Virginia section begins on page 238.]
West Virginia, Civil War Service Records of Union Soldiers, 1861-1865
West Virginia Will Books
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
Learning How to Edit our Wiki Sites
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).