Lewis and Clark County, Montana GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Montana-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
1865--Lewis & Clark County was created 2 February 1865 as an original county. County seat: Helena 
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- See an interactive map of Jefferson County cemeteries and modern-day townships. (Histopolis)
- NewspaperArchive.com ($) has a collection of digitized Montana newspapers including Butte and Helena newspapers. This database is sometimes free at libraries.
For marriages from 1865-1887 see Western States Marriage Index.
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).