Lexington Kentucky Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Family History Center has been open for 30 + years. New hours for the center is open the1st Thursday of each month with spinash speaking staff to help those who speak spanish.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 1789 Tates Creek Rd, Lexington, Ky
- The Center is on the corner of Tates Creek Rd & Alumni Dr the enterence is on Alumni Dr. when you are looking at the building there is a sidewalk on the left, go the 1st set of glass doors and rinf the door bell to come in.
- Location on Map
- Tuesday: 10am-2pm & 6-9 pm
- Wednesday: 12-4pm & 6-9pm
- Thursday: 10am-2pm and on the 1st Thur of month 6-9pm there is spanish speaking staff.
Holiday Schedule: closed 1 week the 4th July , Thinksgiving & 3 week at Christmas /New Year
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability for on line ordering any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog. Patron online ordering.
- Large collecting of books, about 2000 microfilm on indefinite loan.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Hardware and Equipment (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
On the 1st Thursday of each month there is are spanish speaking staff for those who speak spanish from 6-9 pm
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
If you would like to volunter as staff content Lois Burton at Ky_lexington@ldsmail.net