Limestone County, Alabama GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Alabama-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
1818--Limestone County was created 6 February 1818 from the Cherokee and Chicksaw Cession in 1816.
County seat: Athens 
1862 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
|Belle Mina||Huntsville||Mooresville|| |
LDS Ward and Branch Records
Civil War Battles Fought in Limestone County
- 1864 - January 26 = Athens
- 1864 - October 26-29 = Decatur
Battle information from Civil War Battle Summaries by State, by the Heritage Preservation Services
Societies and Libraries
Family History Center
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Limestone County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News