Lincoln County, Maine GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Lincoln County Maine genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Lincoln County, Maine|
Location in the state of Maine
|Founded||June 19, 1760|
|Address|| Lincoln County Courthouse|
High Street PO Box 249;
Wiscasset, ME 04578-0000
Lincoln County Website
Clerk Courts has marrige, probate and land records from 1860
and court records from 1861.
Clerk Superior Court has probate records from 1760 1764. 
- Named for English city, Lincoln in Lincolnshire, England
- 7 counties were created over the years:
Places / Localities
Unorganized territories: Hibberts Gore | Louds Island. For further details see Maine townships.
Communities: Boothbay Harbor | Damariscotta-Newcastle | Waldoboro | Wiscasset
Villages: Bayville | New Harbor
Maine Newspaper Archive Indexes Free; Digital Page Images $ (GenealogyBank $) Twenty-two early Maine 18th and 19th century newspapers, 1785-1898 online. Indexes (free); digital images ($). These newspapers are from Augusta, Bangor, Belfast, Brunswick, Castine, Eastport, Falmouth, Hallowell, Kennebunk, Portland, Saco and Wiscasset.
Wiscasset, Lincoln County, newspapers online:
- Lincoln Intelligencer. Indexes Free, digital pages $. 1821-1822. at GenealogyBank.
- Lincoln Telegraph. Indexes Free, digital pages $. 1821-1822. at GenealogyBank.
- Wiscasset Argus. Indexes Free, digital pages $. 1797-1798. at GenealogyBank.
- Wiscasset Telegraph. Indexes Free, digital pages $. 1796-1799. at GenealogyBank
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- The Lincoln County MEGenWeb Project, an member of The MEGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Lincoln County
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Lincoln County (backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Lincoln County
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Lincoln County, Maine page 304, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ Maine Historical Records Survey Project, Division of Professional and Service Projects, Work Projects Administration, Counties, Cities, Towns, and Plantations of Maine: a Handbook of Incorporations, Dissolutions, and Boundary Changes (Portland, Maine: The Survey, 1940), 177 (that is 186). A digital version is available via a link in the FHL Catalog.
|This Maine-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.