Lincoln County, North Carolina
From FamilySearch Wiki
(added register of deeds online deed records)
|Line 72:||Line 72:|
==== Land ====
==== Land ====
==== Local Histories ====
==== Local Histories ====
Revision as of 14:35, 7 September 2013
Guide to Lincoln County North Carolina genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Lincoln County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
Lincoln County Courthouse
115 W Main Street P O Box 218
Lincolnton, NC 28093
Register of Deeds has birth, marriage, death and burial and land records
Clerk Superior Court has divorce and court records from 1920
and probate records from 1869
Many records are missing, reason unknown.
For tips on accessing Lincoln County, North Carolina census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
- Catawbo River. Constituted 1785.
- Daniels Church, near Lincolnton, N.C. Organized 1774.
- Grace Evangelical Lutheran Church, near Startown, N.C. Organized before 1797. Later located in Catawba County.
- St. John's Lutheran Church, near Conover, N.C. Organized before 1798. Later located in Catawba County.
- St. Paul's Lutheran Church, near Conover, N.C. Organized before 1771. Originally located in Tryon County; later located in Catawba County.
- 1769-present - Deed records available online from the Lincoln County Register of Deeds
Early migration routes to and from Lincoln County for European settlers included:
- Catawba and Northern Trail pre-historic
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
- -1st Regiment, North Carolina Infantry, usually known as the Bethel Regiment.
- -1st Regiment, North Carolina Infantry
- -11th Regiment, North Carolina Infantry
- Pre-1790 - Pre-1790 Lincoln County, North Carolina Wills stored at the North Carolina State Archives are online - free. Website tips.
- 1772-1964 - Will Books 1 to 8 (1772-1964) have been digitized by FamilySearch - free.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Lincolnton North Carolina Family History Center (Hickory)
- USGenWeb Project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Lincoln County, NCGenWeb - Many records & research sources
- Lincoln County, NCGenWeb Archives - additional transcribed genealogical records all kinds
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Lincoln County, North Carolina. Page 510 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ George Washington Paschal, History of North Carolina Baptists, 2 vols. (1930; reprint, Gallatin, Tenn.: Church History Research and Archives, 1990), 2:562. FHL Book 975.6 K2p 1990.
- ↑ "Daniels Church," North Carolina Highway Historical Marker Program, http://www.ncmarkers.com, accessed 22 October 2012.
- ↑ "Grace Evangelical Lutheran Church," North Carolina Highway Historical Marker Program, http://www.ncmarkers.com, accessed 22 October 2012.
- ↑ "St. John's Church," North Carolina Highway Historical Marker Program, http://www.ncmarkers.com, accessed 22 October 2012.
- ↑ "Old St. Paul's Lutheran Church," North Carolina Highway Historical Marker Program, http://www.ncmarkers.com, accessed 22 October 2012.
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 847-61. (FHL Book 973 D27e 2002) WorldCat entry., and William E. Myer, Indian Trails of the Southeast. (Nashville, Tenn.: Blue and Gray Press, 1971), 12-14, and the book's pocket map "The Trail System of the Southeastern United States in the Early Colonial Period" (1923). (FHL Book 970.1 M992i) WorldCat entry.
- ↑ Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/9/91/Iginorthcarolinag.pdf.
|This North Carolina-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback