Lincoln County, North Carolina GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Lincoln County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
Lincoln County North Carolina 115 W Main Street P O Box 218
Lincolnton, NC 28093
Reg of Deeds has b, m, d, bur & land rec
Clk Sup Ct has div & ct rec from 1920
& pro rec from 1869
Lincoln was formed from Tyron Count 14 Apr 1778
1778--Lincoln County was created 14 April 1778 from Tryon County. Tryon County was abolished in 1779.
County seat: Lincolnton 
Many records are missing, reason unknown.
For tips on accessing Lincoln County, North Carolina Genealogy census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
Early migration routes to and from Lincoln County for European settlers included:
- Catawba and Northern Trail pre-historic
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
- -1st Regiment, North Carolina Infantry, usually known as the Bethel Regiment.
- -1st Regiment, North Carolina Infantry
- -11th Regiment, North Carolina Infantry
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Lincolnton North Carolina Family History Center (Hickory)
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 847-61. (FHL Book 973 D27e 2002) WorldCat entry., and William E. Myer, Indian Trails of the Southeast. (Nashville, Tenn.: Blue and Gray Press, 1971), 12-14, and the book's pocket map "The Trail System of the Southeastern United States in the Early Colonial Period" (1923). (FHL Book 970.1 M992i) WorldCat entry.
|This North Carolina-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News