Lindås, NorwayEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Microfilm of parish registers available at the Family History Library for Lindås clerical district. Contains parish registers for the parishes Lindås, Austrheim, Lygra, Myking and Fedje. Included Masfjorden until 1875. Records available from 1699-1929.
(Film no. 1282865 item 3 targetboard lists Alversund parish. It should be Lygra parishin Lindås clerical district. Film no. 1694599 item 3 targetboard lists Alversund clerical district Lygra parish, which is wrong. It should read Lindås clerical district Lygra parish. Records available from 1699-1929).
Kirkebøker fra Lindaas prestegjeld, 1699-1746/ etter avskrift av Elna F. Luker. An extract of the christening records from the church books for Lindås clerical district in Hordaland county 1699-1746, are available at the Family History Library.
Images of digitized parish registers are available online at Digitalarkivet (Digital Archives).
Lindås/Myking 1852-1867, 1886-1921
- 1664-1666 Census Fogdens og sorenskriverens manntall 1664-1666 This census was taken by the local civil authorities. Nordhordland Fogderi for Lindaas (Lindås) clerical district included Lindås, Fedje, Austrheim, Myking, Lygra and Masfjorden parishes. This census is on microfilm at the Family History Library Film 122979 Item 4. It is online at Digitalarkivet as scanned images and also as a database.
- 1664-1666 Census Sogneprestenes manntall 1664-1666 This census was taken by the local parish priests. Nordhordland Prosti forLindaas (Lindås) clerical district includedLindås, Fedje, Austrheim, Myking, Lygra and Masfjorden parishes. This census is on microfilm at the Family History Library Film 122972 Item 1. It is online at Digitalarkivet as scanned images and also as a database. Of the two records the Sogneprestenes mantall is the most complete. Database at Digitalarkivet Prestemanntallet 1666 for Lindås
- 1665 Census Futemanntallet 1665 for Lindås og Radøy
- 1701 Census This census is on microfilm at the Family History Library Film 122983 Item 2. It is online at Digitalarkivet as Manntal 1701 for Søndre Bergenhus amt.
- 1801 Census The 1801 census for Lindås clerical district includes Lindås, Lygra, Myking, and Masfjorden parishes. It is on microfilm at the Family History Library Film 123002 Item 3. It is online at Digitalarkivet as 1801-telling for 1263 Lindaas
- 1865 Census The 1865 census for Lindås clerical district includes Lindås, Lygra, Myking, Austrheim, Fedje and Masfjorden parishes. It is on microfilm at the Family History Library Film 12373 Item 2. It is online at Digitalarkivet as 1865-telling for 1263 Lindaas
- 1875 Census The 1875 census for Lindås clerical district includes Lindås, Lygra, Myking, Austrheim, Fedje and Masfjorden parishes. It is on microfilm at the Family History Library Films 272476-273478 and online as a database at Digitalarkivet 1875-telling for Lindås sokn.
- 1891 Census It is online at Digitalarkivet as Folketeljing for Lindås sokn i Lindås 1891
- 1900 Census The 1900 census for Lindås clerical district includesLindås, Lygra, Myking, Austrheim and Fedje parishes. It is on microfilm at the Family History LibraryFilms 274318-274321. It is online at Digitalarkivet as 1900-telling for 1263 Lindaas.
- 1910 Census The 1910 census search at Digitalarkivet
- The census of 1865, 1875 (partial), 1900 and 1910 are also available at the Norwegian Historical Data Center
Toft, Martin, Bygdebok for Lindås, [Norway] : Lindås bygdeboknemnd, 1981-. Genealogies of the people and their farms in Myking parish (v. 1) and Lygra and (Hundvin) parishes (v. 2) in Lindås clerical district in Hordaland county along with some history of the area. FHL 948.32/L1 D2t Contents: v. 1. Myking sokn : Gards- og ættesoge -- v. 2. Lygra og Hundvin sokner : Gards- og personhistorie / Olav Ones -- v. 3. Lindås sokn, gards- og ættesoge gnr 87 - gnr 108 / Arvid Skogseth -- v. 4. Lindås sokn, gards- og ættesoge gnr 109-gnr 127 / Arvid Skogseth.
A farm name index to this book is found in the following link. File:948.32-L1 D2t v1 - LINDAS-1.pdf
The farm number and name of the farms listed in Oluf Rygh Farm Name Index in about 1900 were as follows:
91 Brunsland 112 Finnesbø 103 Fjellanger 100 Fjellsende 106 Fonnebost 98 Gaulen 125 Goten 103 Haalen 116 Haalen 125 Halteigen 90 Hauge 103 Haugen 126 Haugen 89 Haugsmyr 104 Haukaas 122 Hellestveit 93 Hetlehovde 105 Holmaas 126 Hope 115 Kaardal 124 Kjeilegavlen 125 Kjeilen indre 121 Knarvik 107 Kolaas 116 Lauaas 97 Løtveit 88 Maraas 127 Mongstad 103 Myren 91 Nymark 108 Præstegaarden 95 Refsdal 123 Rise 117 Rossnes 122 Rusket 109 Saltnes 113 Sirsæter 111 Skaarnes 94 Skodven nedre 126 Skogen 87 Spjeldnes 123 Stølen 119 Sundsbø 110 Syslok 118 Tjukhetle 92 Træland 120 Tvibernes 120 Tvibernesøen 99 Vaage 99 Vaagseidet 102 Vabu 101 Vabunes 114 Veraas
From 1702-1910: Records are found in Nordhordaland, 1702-1910 judicial district.
1800-1852: Some of the farms in this parish belonged to Lysekloster Estate. If the probate is not found in the district above look at Hardanger og Voss where the probates for Lysekloster were kept.
1773-1810: Clerical probate records are found in Nordhordaland Deanery.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More