Livingston County, Kentucky GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Livingston County, Kentucky|
Location in the state of Kentucky
Location of Kentucky in the U.S.
|Founded||December 13, 1798|
A loss of some records occurred due to a fire in 1804
|Grand Rivers||Lake City|
- Hardin County, Illinois
- Massac County, Illinois
- Pope County, Illinois
The following have information concerning African American research. Both should be used:
- Ky African American Griots
- African American Research (US) has more information about the kinds of records
- Kentucky Minorities has information specific to Kentucky African Americans.
Kentucky Cemetery records often identify birth, death, relationship, and military information, as well as religious affiliation.
- cemetery photos of various cemeteries
- listing of Livingston Co., Ky Cemeteries
- Kentucky Historical Society Cemetery Search can be searched by name, place and/or date. This database has hundreds of thousands of names transcribed from gravestones across Kentucky.
- Find A Grave can be searched by the name of a person or family to find where a person is buried. Usually gives birth and death dates often with a picture of the tombstone. May give obituaries, names of family members and links to their information in Find A Grave.
- Find A Grave also gives a list of cemeteries in Livingston County and links to the information for the individuals buried there,
- Kentucky Cemeteries lists the national cemeteries in Kentucky with links to their web sites. The first link under Online Kentucky Cemeteries goes to the Kentucky section of Interment.net
- Livingston Co. KY USGenWeb Tombstone Project usually gives the names of the deceased in alphabetical order by last name with birth and death dates plus any remarks.
- The Family History Library Catalog lists some records of cemeteries in Livingston County. Some of the books or others may be on Google Books or available at public libraries.
- ePodunk list of Livingston County cemeteries gives the names of the cemeteries in the county with a link to more information such as address, phone number, and web site.
For tips on accessing Livingston County, Kentucky Genealogy census records online, see: Kentucky Census.
- USGenWeb Census Project ~ Kentucky Census Transcriptions 1850 - 1930
- The USGenWeb Census Images ~ The USGenWeb Census Images Project
- Kentucky Census Transcriptions ~ The USGenWeb Census Project
- Census Online ~ Census Online
- Livingston Co. Wills and Probate Records
- Abstracts of Early KY Supreme Court Cases KYGenWeb Special Project
- Kentucky Court of Justice Research & Reference
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Baker] Chapman, Peggy Brown. Bakers of Logan, Christian, Muhlenberg, Livingston, Henderson, Hopkins, Caldwell, Union, Todd, Trigg, Crittenden, Lyon, McLean and Webster Counties & Jackson Purchase, Kentucky. Lubbock, Texas: P.B. Chapman, 1995. FHL 751704
- [Lacey] Moore, Maurice Augustus. The Life of Gen. Edward Lacey: With a List of Battles and Skirmishes in South Carolina During the Revolutionary War. Spartanburg, S.C.: Douglass, Evins & Co., 1859. FHL 413932.
- [Lacey] Draper, Lyman C. King's Mountain and Its Heroes. Cincinnati: Peter G. Thomson, Publishers, 1881. Pages 463-464. Digital version at Google Books.
- [Lacey] Owen, Thomas McAdory. "Colonel Edward Lacey of the Revolution and Some of His Descendants," The Gulf States Historical Magazine, Vol. 1 (July 1902):41-44. Digital version at Google Books.
- Livingston Co., KyGenWeb
- Military Resources ~ Revolutionary War through Civil War
- Korean War Memorial Korean War Memorial for Soliders from KY ~ KYGenWeb
- Fallen Soldiers in WWI from KY ~ Fallen Soldiers in WWI from Kentucky
- Kentucky Postcards ~ The USGenWeb Archives Penny Postcard Project
- The KYGenWeb Footsteps ~ The Kentucky Footsteps Archives ~ KYGenWeb Special Project
- KY Footsteps Archives ~ KY Footsteps List Archives - thousands of obituaries here ~ KYGenWeb Project
- KY Obituary Sources ~ Kentucky Obituary Sources ~ Compiled by the KYGenWeb Project
- Links to research and locate obituaries
- Browning Genealogy Database ~ The Browning Genealogy Database - A Collection of Obituaries Compiled by Charles Browning.
- USGenWeb Archives Obituary Project ~ Kentucky Obituary Project
- Afrigeneas ~ African American death notices, obituaries and funeral programs compiled by users from current newspapers and historical sources
- Obituary Depot ~ Kentucky Newspaper Citations
- Obituary Daily Times ~ Citations to over 15,000,000 obituaries including interactive search function
- Nashville Advocate ~ Death Abstracts from the Nashville Christian Advocate
- 1799-1873 - Will Books A to B (1799-1873) have been digitized by FamilySearch - free.
- 1799-1832 - The organization Strictly By Name provides free online indexes to early Livingston County probate records. They offer a record retrieval service to photocopy and transcribe microfilm copies of the original documents for a small fee. Available indexes:
- Will Book A: 1799-1832
- 1800 - 1800 Tax List of Livingston County, Kentucky Genealogy is included in Clift's Second Census of Kentucky 1800, digitized by Ancestry ($).
- 1837 Deliquent Tax List for Livingston Co., Ky.
- Present Tax Rates
- Livingston County Kentucky Vital Records
- Livingston County Clerk
335 Court Street
Smithland, KY 42081
- Ky. Death Records 1911-2000
- Livingston Co., Ky. Marriages 1895
- Some Livingston Co., Ky. death cert. transcriptions
- Livingston Co., Ky. 1860 Mortality Schedule
- Livingston Co., Ky. 1870 Mortality Schedule
- Browning Obits (based in Evansville, In. but some Ky. deaths listed here)
- Livingston Co., Ky. Births 1911-1930
- Delayed Livingston Co., Ky. Births 1800-1910
- http://kyvitals.com/ Ky Vital Records Project
Societies and Libraries
- Livingston Co. Historical & Genealogical Society
- The Little Cabin Research Center
- New Library
- Kentuckiana Digital Library
- Filson Library
Family History Centers
- Livingston Co., KyGenWeb
- KYGenWeb project. Has maps, name indexes, history or other information for each county. Select the county.
- State of Kencucky Website
- USGenWeb Kentucky Archives ~ Kentucky in the USGenWeb Archives ~ Vital statistics, maps, obituaries, Bible records, tombstone transcriptions and many other records.
- The USGenWeb project May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Livingston County, Kentucky Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Livingston County, Kentucky page 272, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ G. Glenn Clift, Second Census of Kentucky 1800: A Privately Compiled and Published Enumeration of Tax Payers Appearing in the 79 Manuscript Volumes Extant of Tax Lists of the 42 Counties of Kentucky in Existence in 1800 (1954; reprint, Baltimore, Md.: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., 2005).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News