Livingston County, Kentucky GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Kentucky-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Livingston County, Kentucky|
Location in the state of Kentucky
Location of Kentucky in the U.S.
|Founded||December 13, 1798|
Smithland, KY 42081
Livingston Co., Ky. GenWeb http://www.westernkyhistory.org/livingston/
Livingston Co., Ky. from Christian Co., Ky. http://www.westernkyhistory.org/livingston/
A loss of some records occurred due to a fire in 1804
|Grand Rivers||Lake City|
- Hardin County, Illinois
- Massac County, Illinois
- Pope County, Illinois
The following have information concerning African American research. Both should be used:
- Ky African American Griots http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~kyafamer/
- African American Research (US) has more information about the kinds of records
- Kentucky Minorities has information specific to Kentucky African Americans.
- cemetery photos of various cemeteries http://www.westernkyhistory.org/livingston/
- listing of Livingston Co., Ky Cemeteries http://www.westernkyhistory.org/livingston/livcem.html
- cemetery records often identify birth, death, relationship, and military information, as well as religious affiliation. Local volunteers through Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness may take photographs of headstones found in county cemeteries.
- Kentucky Historical Society Cemetery Search can be searched by name, place and/or date. This database has hundreds of thousands of names transcribed from gravestones across Kentucky.
- Find A Grave can be searched by the name of a person or family to find where a person is buried. Usually gives birth and death dates often with a picture of the tombstone. May give obituaries, names of family members and links to their information in Find A Grave.
- Find A Grave also gives a list of cemeteries in Livingston County and links to the information for the individuals buried there,
- Kentucky Cemeteries lists the national cemeteries in Kentucky with links to their web sites. The first link under Online Kentucky Cemeteries goes to the Kentucky section of Interment.net
- Livingston Co. KY USGenWeb Tombstone Project usually gives the names of the deceased in alphabetical order by last name with birth and death dates plus any remarks.
- The Family History Library Catalog lists some records of cemeteries in Livingston County. Some of the books or others may be on Google Books or available at public libraries.
- ePodunk list of Livingston County cemeteries gives the names of the cemeteries in the county with a link to more information such as address, phone number, and web site.
- Livingston Co., Ky. GenWeb Churches http://www.westernkyhistory.org/livingston/livch.html
- Listing of churches http://www.faithclipart.com/guide/church-directory/kentucky/livingston-county/index.html
- Bureau of Land Management http://www.glorecords.blm.gov/beta/
- Ancestry.com Kentucky Land Grants http://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=2073&cj=1&o_xid=0001029688&o_lid=0001029688
- The organization Strictly By Name provides free online indexes to early Livingston County probate records. They offer a record retrieval service to photocopy and transcribe microfilm copies of the original documents for a small fee. Available indexes:
- Will Book A: 1799-1832
Societies and Libraries
- Livingston Co. Historical & Genealogical Society http://www.westernkyhistory.org/livingston/livgensoc.html
- The Little Cabin Research Center http://www.westernkyhistory.org/livingston/liv_Society.html
- New Library http://www.livingstonco.ky.gov/
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county. http://www.usgenweb.org/
- Livingston Co., KyGenWeb http://www.westernkyhistory.org/livingston/
- Family History Library Catalog
- Livingston County, Kentucky Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News