Llan-giwgEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The parish was divided into the hamlets of Alltgreig, Blaenegel, Caegurwen, and Mawr.
|pre 1536|| |
|1536 - 31 March 1974||Glamorgan|
|1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996|| |
|from 1 April 1996|| |
What Do You Want to Find?
To start your search, decide when your ancestor lived. If he or she lived between 1837-1911, start by searching civil registration and census records. If they lived before 1837, use church records and probate records. Read more about these records below.
The parish of Llan-giwg formed part of the Neath Registrar's District. The 1841-1891 censuses are available on microfilm at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, and they are indexed on the following web sites:
- The following Llan-giwg Parish Registers have been deposited at the ______ Records Office in:
- The following Llan-giwg Parish Registers are available at the Family History Library
|Bishop Transcripts: Christenings, Marriages, Burials and Christenings and Burials||1685-1713; 1725-1834 1837-1866|
The Glamorgan Family History Society have published many of the parish registers.
Nonconformist Church Records
The following chapel records from Llan-giwg parish are available on the IGI:
|Cwmllynfell Chapel (Independent) Births and Baptisms||1760-1835|| |
The following chapel records have been deposited at an archive:
|Pant teg||Christenings 1822-1837||TNA RG4 3495 FHL 813540|
Births, marriages and deaths in Llan-giwg will be recorded in the GRO indexes as:
|1 Jul 1837 - 1974||
- Carmel: transcript at West Glamorgan Archives
- Cwmllynfell (old & new)
- Gwrhyd: transcript & index published by Glamorgan Family History Society
- Llan-giwg parish church
- Saron Chapel (old & new): transcript & index published by Glamorgan Family History Society
Poor Law Union
- The History of Pontardawe by J.E. Morgan