Logan County, Kansas GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Logan County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Logan County, Kansas|
Location in the state of Kansas
Location of Kansas in the U.S.
|Founded||March 4, 1881|
|Address|| Logan County Courthouse|
710 W. 2nd Street
Oakley, Kansas 67748-1233
Logan County Courthouse
710 W 2nd;
Oakley, KS 67748
Formerly St. John County, the Name was changed to Logan 24 Feb 1887.
City Clerk has birth, death and burial records.
Probate Judge has marriage and probate records.
Clerk District Court has divorce and court records.
County Clerk has land records from 1885. 
- Logan County was not organized until after the Civil War.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Logan County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Logan County, Kansas page 253, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More