Logan County, Ohio GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Ohio-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Logan County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
|Created||March 1, 1818|
|Address|| Logan County Courthouse|
101 South Main Street
Bellefontaine, Ohio 43311-0429
Logan County Website
Logan County Courthouse
101 S Main Street Courthouse
Bellefontaine, OH 43311
Probate Court has birth and death records 1867-1909,
marriage records from 1818 and probate records from 1820;
County Recorder has land, military and burial records;
Common Pleas Court has divorce and court records
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Champaign County 30 December 187.
- County Seat: Bellefontaine
- Neighboring Counties: Logan County, Ohio Genealogy residents may also have records in Hardin (north) · Champaign (south) · Auglaize (northwest) · Union (east) · Shelby (west)
See an interactive map of Logan County boundary changes.
Business Records and Commerce
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Land and Property
- Civil War
Civil War service men from Logan County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Logan County.
Naturalization and Citizenship
Family History Centers
Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Logan County, Ohio. Page 543 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ Wikipedia contributors, "Logan County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logan_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News