Loudoun County, Virginia Populated PlacesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The county seat is Leesburg. There are seven incorporated towns: Hamilton, Hillsboro, Leesburg, Lovettsville, Middleburg, Purcellville, and Round Hill. For more information, see: Towns in Loudoun County, courtesy: Loudoun County, Virginia.
The following post offices have existed in Loudoun County:
- "A Guide to the Counties of Virginia: Loudoun County," The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 16, No. 2 (Apr.-Jun. 1972):126-129. Available at FHL; digital version at New England Ancestors ($). [Includes Loudoun's post offices.]
- "Post Office Boxes in Loudoun, 1960," The Bulletin of the Historical Society of Loudoun County, Virginia, 1957-1976. Leesburg, Va.: Goose Creek Productions, 1998, pp. 295. Available at FHL. Free Lookups Available!
- "Post Offices of Loudoun County: Compilation from Records in U.S. Archives Building in Washington, D.C. 1958-1959 with Names of Postmasters and Years of Appointment," Loudoun: The 1757 Legacy, Newsletter of the Loudoun Genealogy Club, Vol. 9, No. 3 (Sep. 2001):1-3; Vol. 9, No. 4 (Dec. 2001):1-3. Available at FHL.
- Rowberg, Andrew A. and Marie C. Rowberg. "The Post Offices of Loudoun," The Bulletin of the Historical Society of Loudoun County, Virginia, 1957-1976. Leesburg, Va.: Goose Creek Productions, 1998, pp. 79-92. Available at FHL. Free Lookups Available!
- This page was last modified on 28 April 2011, at 20:54.
- This page has been accessed 532 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback