Loving County, Texas GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Loving County Texas genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Loving County was created 26 February 1887 from Tom Green County, a new county that had been created in 1874, but was still attached to Reeves County for judicial purposes. In 1893, Loving County was organized and a new town, Mentone (12 miles north of present-day Mentone), selected as the county seat. Construction began on a courthouse, although it was never finished. Loving County was deorganized on 12 May 1897, and reattached to Reeves county. Loving County was reorganized in 1931, and the town of Ramsey (renamed Mentone) selected as the county seat. 
Places / Localities
No cemeteries are located in Loving County.
Loving County History from the Handbook of Texas Online.
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the TXGenWeb site.
Vital Records consist of births, adoptions, marriages, divorces, and deaths recorded on registers, certificates, and documents. United States Vital Records has additional research guidance on researching and using vital records. See Texas Vital Records for more information about Vital records in Texas or How to order Texas Vital Records
A copy or an extract of most original records can be purchased from the Texas Vital Records State Department of Health, the County Clerk's office of the county where the event occurred, ordered electronically online or download an application for Texas Birth and Death Certificate, Marriage or Divorce Verification Application to mail.
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- TXGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Loving County, Texas. Page 669 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ Handbook of Texas Online: Loving County http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hcl13
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/25/national/25loving.html?_r=1&amp;amp;amp;8hpib
|This Texas-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News