Lowndes County, Mississippi GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 23:33, 11 December 2010 by WHITTAKERKR
|This Mississippi-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Places / Localities
- Civil War service men from Lowndes County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Lowndes County.
- - 2nd Battalion, Mississippi Infantry [became the 48th Regiment, Missippi Infantry]
- Company - Blewett’s, aka Blewett’s Rifles, & aka "The Blewett’s"
- - 6th Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry
- Company E - Hunt’s Company
- Company F - Harrington’s Company
- Company H - Richards’ Company
- Company I - Johnston’s Company
- Company K - Lipscomb’s Company
- - 10th Regiment, Mississippi Infantry (Old)
- Company D - Lowndes Southrons
- Company E - Southern Avengers
- - 10th Regiment, Mississippi Infantry (New)
- Company E - Lowndes Southrons
- - 48th Regiment, Mississippi Infantry [from the 2nd Battalion, Mississippi Infantry]
- Company C - Blewett’s Company, aka Blewett’s Rifles, & aka "The Blewett’s"
- Company K - Capt. J.H. Fields’ Company [subsequently became Co. F, 8th Confederate Cavalry]
- - 19th Battalion Mississippi Cavalry (Duff's)
- Company E [sic] - Abert’s Company
- Company F [sic] - Fields’ Company
- Company G - Matthews’ Company
Societies and Libraries
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).