Lynnhaven Parish, VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Eastern Shore Chapel fell within the bounds of Lynnhaven Parish.
In 1985, surveys of graves at Old Donation Church FHL Book 975.551 V3g (pages 1-8), Eastern Shore Chapel (pages 9-83), and Emmanuel Church (pages 161-164) were published.
- Mason, George Carrington. "The Colonial Churches of Lynnhaven Parish, Princess Anne County, Virginia," The William and Mary Quarterly, Second Series, Vol. 18, No. 3 (Jul. 1938):270-285. FHL Book 973 H25w; digital version at JSTOR ($).
- Perrine, Bob. "Old Donation History," available online.
Colonial parish registers have been lost, but the vestry book survives and has been published:
- Mason, George Carrington. The Colonial Vestry Book of Lynnhaven Parish, Princess Anne County, Virginia, 1723-1786. Newport News, Va.: the author, 1949. FHL Book 975.551 K2m
- Old Donation Episcopal Church (official website)
- Church Point Marker, The Historical Marker Database
- Old Donation Church, The Historical Marker Database
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
- ↑ Colonial Churches: A Series of Sketches of Churches in the Original Colony of Virginia (Richmond, Va.: Southern Churchman Co., 1907), 264-285.