Mackinac County, Michigan GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Mackinac County Michigan genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Mackinac County, Michigan|
Location of Michigan in the U.S.
|Founded||October 26, 1818|
|County Seat||St. Ignace|
|Address|| Mackinac County Courthouse|
100 S Marley St.
St. Ignace, MI 49781
Phone: (906) 643-7300
Mackinac County Website
County Clerk has birth and death records from 1873,
marriage records from 1867, divorce and court records from 1808. 
Mackinac (pronounced 'Mackinaw') County is situated in southeastern portion upper peninsula of Michigan. The name is from Indians in the area. The Straits of Mackinac are also named for this area and are between the two peninsulas that make up Michigan.
- St. Anne Cemetery, Mackinac Island BillionGraves
- Michigan Birth Registrations, 1867-1902 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as name of child, birthdate and place, if still-born, illegitimate or twin, gender, race and record number.
- Michigan Marriage Registrations, 1868-1925 -- Free name indexes at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as names of bride and groom, date of license, ages, race, residences, birthplaces, occupations and names of the fathers of the bride and groom.
- Michigan Death Registrations, 1867-1897-- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch Record Search. Records include such information as name of deceased, date and place of death, gender, color, marital status, age in years, months and days, disease or apparent cause of death, birthplace, names and occupations of parents, and the date the record was made.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Mackinac MIGenWeb USGenWeb project. Has maps, name indexes, marriages, military history, biographies, history, church records, or other historical information for this county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Mackinac County, Michigan page 347, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).