Madera County, California GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Madera County California genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Madera County, California|
Location in the state of California
Location of California in the U.S.
|Founded||March 11, 1893|
|Address|| Madera County Courthouse|
209 W Yosemite Ave
Madera, CA 93637
County Clerk has birth, marriage, death, divorce, probate
court and land records from 1893 and some voting records
1906: Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
For tips on accessing Madera County, California Genealogy census records online, see: California Census.
Church History and Records
Crime and Criminals
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Land and Property
Military History and Records
Naturalization and Citizenship
Archives, Libraries and Museums
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Madera California Family History Center
- Oakhurst California Family History Center
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Madera County, California. Page 85 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).