Madison County, ArkansasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Madison County, Arkansas|
Location in the state of Arkansas
Location of Arkansas in the U.S.
|Founded||September 30, 1836|
- 1836--Madison County was created 30 September 1836 from Washington County. County seat: Huntsville 
See an interactive map of Madison County boundary changes.
- A Census of Pensioners for Revolutionary or Military Services: With their Names, Ages, and Places of Residence, as Returned by the Marshalls of the Several Judicial Districts, Under the Act for Taking the Sixth Census]. 1841. Digital version at Google Books. 1967 reprint: FHL Collection 973 X2pc 1840. [See Arkansas, Madison County on page 191.]
- Men from Madison County served in the 1st Regiment, Arkansas Infantry (Union).*
*Arkansas. Adjutant General's Office.Report of the Adjutant General of Arkansas, for the period of the late rebellion, and to November 1, 1866,Bethesda, Maryland : University Publications of America, c1990 .
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Madison County, Arkansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), p. 69.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Arkansas-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.