Madison County, Ohio GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Ohio-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Madison County, Ohio|
Location of Ohio in the U.S.
|Created||March 1, 1810|
|Address|| Madison County Courthouse|
1 N. Main St.
London, Ohio 43140
Madison County Website
Madison County; 1 N Main St; London, OH 43140; Ph. 740.852.9776 Details: (Pro Ct has b & d rec 1867-1908, m & pro rec from 1810 & nat rec; Co Hlth Dept has b rec from 1908; Co Rcdr has land & mil dis rec; Clk Cts has div & ct rec)
Madison County Courthouse
1 N Main Street
London, OH 43140
Probate Courth has birth and death records 1867-1908,
marriage and probate records from 1810 and naturalization
records; County Health Department has birth records from
1908; County Recorder has land and military records; Clerk
Court has divorce and court records
|Beginning dates for major county records|
|*For earlier dates, try... Church | Obituaries | Cemeteries|
- Parent Counties: Formed from Franklin County 16 February 1810.
- County Seat: London
- Neighboring Counties: Madison County, Ohio Genealogy residents may also have records in Union (north) · Champaign (northwest) · Fayette (south) · Pickaway (southeast) · Clark (west) · Franklin (southwest)
See an interactive map of Madison County boundary changes.
Business Records and Commerce
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
Land and Property
- Civil War
Civil War service men from Madison County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment)that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed with men from Madison County.
Naturalization and Citizenship
Family History Centers
Ohio Deaths, 1908-1953 Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as birth date of deceased, city, county, and state of death, name of spouse if married, names of parents, maiden name of mother, name of informant, if deceased was single, married, windowed or divorced, occupation of deceased.
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].
- ↑ Wikipedia contributors, "Madison County, Ohio" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madison_County,_Ohio (accessed 10 May 2012).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News