Maine For Further ReadingEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 20:11, 3 October 2010 by DiltsGD
For more information about research and records of Maine, see:
- Crandall, Ralph J., ed. Genealogical Research in New England. Baltimore, Md.: Genealogical Publishing, 1984. (FHL Collection Ref. Book 974 D27gr.) WorldCat entry. This includes a bibliographic essay on Maine research.
- Frost, John Eldridge. Maine Genealogy: A Bibliographical Guide. 1985. Rev. ed. Portland, Maine: Maine Historical Society, 1985. (FHL book 974.1 D23f 1985 ; computer number 422465.) This guide shows bibliographic sources for such subjects as official records, tombstones, county histories, military service, and genealogies.
- Lindberg, Marcia Wiswall. Genealogist's Handbook for New England Research. 3rd ed. Boston, Mass: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1993. (FHL book 974 D27g 1993; computer number 741018.) This is an excellent guide to Maine towns and counties, location of public records, and genealogical societies.
- Wright, Norman Edgar. Genealogy in America. Salt Lake City: Deseret Book Co., 1968. (FHL book 973 D27wg; computer number 57539.) Volume 1 includes Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Maine. This contains a very good in-depth study of state, county, and town records. Some of the information may be out of date.
- Eichholz, Alice, ed. Red Book : American State, County, and Town Sources. 3rd ed. Provo, Utah: Ancestry, 2004. (FHL Collection Book 973 D27rb 2004.) WorldCat entry. Contains bibliographies and background information on history and ethnic groups. Also contains maps and tables showing when each county was created.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback