Marinette County, Wisconsin Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
(moving stub further down)
|(7 intermediate revisions by 5 users not shown)|
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
[[United States|United States]] [[Wisconsin]] Marinette County''
== Historical Facts ==
== Historical Facts ==
Revision as of 17:10, 29 December 2012
Marinette County Courthouse
1926 Hall Ave
Marinette, WI 54143;
Register of Deeds has birth, marriage, death and land records from 1879;
Clerk Circuit Courth has divorce and court records from 1879;
Regisrar in Probate has probate records from 1879 
Places / Localities
- Middle Inlet
- Silver Cliff
Church History and Records
Crime and Criminals
Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups
- Coleman Home Page (includes history)
- Marinette (includes history)
- Peshtigo History (includes Peshtigo Fire links)
- Wausaukee Home Page (includes history)
- "Richard T. Ely and the development of the Wisconsin cutover" by Robert Gough
- "Colonizing the Cutover: Wisconsin's Progressive-Era Experiments in Rural Planning" by Susan O. Haswell and Arnold R. Alanen
Land and Property
Military History and Records
Naturalization and Citizenship
Archives, Libraries and Museums
University of Wisconsin Digital Collections Digital collections include:
- Standard atlas of Marinette County, Wisconsin (1912)
- Sectional map of Marinette County showing ownership of lands, location of churches, cemetaries, school houses, roads, rural mail routes, railroads, etc.; (1905)
- Yearbooks and other Marinette County local history records (mostly 1920's).
1926 Hall Ave.
Marinette, WI 54143-1717
Family History Centers
- Searchable Museum catalog of the society's main collections, including quarrying, lumbering, and railroad artifacts; pioneer photos; veterans exhibit; and archival items such as old school records.
Amberg History Society
- Amberg Cemetery listing
Marinette County Historical Society\ Marinette County Historical Society & Marinette County Logging Museum
P.O. Box 262
Marinette, WI 54143
Publishes a quarterly newsletter, The Historian, which includes original articles of interest to the Marinette County area, photographs, maps, book reviews, and other items of local and regional interest.
Wisconsin Historical Society Search the Wisconsin Genealogy Index, on-line index of 2.5 million birth, marriage and death records. See other collections and search strategy resources available on the Wisconsin Historical Society Genealogy page. This organization's web site was named one of the top 101 genealogy websites in 2010.
- GenWeb for Marinette County
- GenWeb Archives for Marinette County
- Marinette, WI & Menominee, MI County Genealogy Site
- Marinette County Home Page
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. page 758 Marinnette County, Wisconsin (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Wisconsin-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.