Marion County, Alabama GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Alabama-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|Dates for major county records|
|For earlier dates, try...|
|Remember these collections|
|Marion County, Alabama|
Location in the state of Alabama
Location of Alabama in the U.S.
|Founded||February 13, 1818|
MARION COUNTY, 132 S. Military Street, Hamilton, AL 35570, (205) 921-7451
1866 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
For tips on accessing Marion County, Alabama Genealogy census records online, see: Alabama Census.
Transcription of the following newspapers:
Obituaries and death notices from the transcribed newspapers.
Marriage notices from the transcribed newspapers.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Marion County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ "Francis Marion," Wikipedia.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).