Marion County, KansasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Kansas-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Marion County Courthouse
204 S 4th St; PO Box 219;
Marion, KS 66861
County Clerk has birth and death records 1885-1911.
Clerk District Court has marriage records from 1800’s,
divorce, probate and court records.
Register of Deeds has school records 1873-1964 and land records. 
1855--Marion County was created in 1855 as an original county. County seat: Marion 
- During the Civil War Marion County was designated as a minicipal township attached to Chase County for judicial purposes. The population was only about 80 in 1861. See Chase County for information about Civil War Records.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Marion County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Marion County, Kansas page 253, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).