Marshall County, Illinois GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Marshall County, Illinois|
Location of Illinois in the U.S.
|Founded:||January 19, 1839|
|Address|| 122 N. Prairie|
Lacon, IL 61540
|Named for: John Marshall|
|This Illinois-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Places / Localities
The following have information concerning African American research.
- African American Research (US) has more information about the kinds of records
- Illinois State Archives pamphlet on African American Research describes what records are at the State Archives with an online method for ordering records.
- African-American Resources for Illinois
Archives and libraries
Illinois Regional Archives Depository (IRAD)
Illinois State Universtiy (ISU)
2016 Warehouse Road Campus
Normal, Illinois 61802
Illinois Regional Archives Depository System - Local Governmental Records Listings Arranged by County
Illinois cemetery records often identify birth, death, relationship, and military information, as well as religious affiliation.
- Find A Grave can be searched by the name of a person or family to find where a person is buried. Usually gives birth and death dates often with a picture of the tombstone. May give obituaries, names of family members and links to their information in Find A Grave.
- Find A Grave also gives a list of cemeteries in Marshall County and links to the information for the individuals buried there.
- Marshall Co. IL USGenWeb Tombstone Project usually gives the names of the deceased in alphabetical order by last name with birth and death dates plus any remarks.
- Illinois Cemeteries by county.
- The Family History Library Catalog lists some records of cemeteries in Marshall County. Some of the books or others may be on Google Books or available at public libraries.
- ePodunk list of Marshall County cemeteries gives the names of the cemeteries in the county with a link to more information such as address, phone number, and web site.
|IL Counties 1900-1990|
1861-1862 Militia Rolls
- Civil War
Civil War service men from Marshall County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies or regiments that were formed from men of Marshall County.
- - 44th Regiment, Illinois Infantry, Company C.
- - 53rd Regiment, Illinois Infantry, Company H.
- - 65th Regiment, Illinois Infantry (Scotch Regiment), Company C.
- - 77th Regiment, Illinois Infantry, Company D.
- - 86th Regiment, Illinois Infantry, Companies B and E.
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Marshall County, Illinois Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), 196. (FHL Collection Ref Book 973 D27e 2002). WorldCat entry.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News