Martin County, North Carolina GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Martin County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
My North Carolina Genealogy - Martin County History and Information
1884--Courthouse fire destroyed many court records.
Bear Grass, Cross Roads , Goose Nest, Griffins, Hamilton, Jamesville, Poplar Point, Robersonville, Williams, Williamston
- Martin County Cemeteries at the NCGenWeb Archives
- Martin County cemetery information at the Martin County NCGenWeb site
- Find-A-Grave: Martin County Cemeteries
- Court transcriptions - NCGenWeb Archives
Register of Deeds Website
The Martin County Register of Deeds maintains records for land transactions in the county. Visit their website for further information and to search online deed records from 1866 to present.
Additional Land Records
- Deeds - NCGenWeb Archives
- [FHL Microfilm] - Deeds, 1774-1941; index to real estate conveyances, 1772-1963 - also look for it in a library using WorldCat.com.
- [FHL Microfilm] - Deeds, 1774-1867; grantor index, 1771-1881
- [Book] - Martin County, North Carolina abstracts of deed books - 3-volume set that covers 1774-1811. Available at the Family History Library
Early migration routes to and from Martin County for European settlers included:
- Martin County wills - transcribed wills submitted to the NCGenWeb Archives; coverage varies
- [Book] - Martin County, North Carolina : abstracts of will books, 1774-1868. Published in 1990. The index to this book is available online here. If you find a will of interest, then look at this list of libraries that have it and contat them for details.
- Births, Marriages & Death information for Martin County - NCGenWeb site
- Search death certificates in the FamilySearch database North Carolina Deaths, 1906-1930
- Search marriage information in the FamilySearch database North Carolina Marriages 1762-1979
- Obituaries - death notices of Martin County residents
- Martin County students attending NC colleges - link via the NCGenWeb Yearbook Index
Societies and Libraries
- NCGenWeb: Martin County - free genealogy resources; part of the national USGenWeb Project
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 847-61. (FHL Book 973 D27e 2002) WorldCat entry., and William E. Myer, Indian Trails of the Southeast. (Nashville, Tenn.: Blue and Gray Press, 1971), 12-14, and the book's pocket map "The Trail System of the Southeastern United States in the early Colonial Period" (1923). (FHL Book 970.1 M992i) WorldCat entry.