Mason County, TexasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Texas-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Mason County has had three courthouses. The first one built in 1875, burned in 1877. The second courthouse was built in 1878. The current courthouse was built in 1909.
Mason County Courthouse
County Clerk - Pam Beam
P. O. Box 702
Mason, TX 76856
Mason County Government website
Settlement of the county began about 1846.
Places / Localities
Art | Fredonia | Hedwigs Hill |Katemcy | Loyal Valley | Mason | Pontotoc
- Mason County Historical Book, 1976, by the Mason County Historical Commission.
- Mason and Mason County: A History, 1966, revised, 1980, by Stella Gipson Polk.
- Mason County History from the Handbook of Texas Online.
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the Texas Genweb site
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
- TEXAS GenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Wikipedia: Mason County War http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mason_County_War
- ↑ Mason County Historical Commission http://www.masonchc.org/masoncountywar.html
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback