Massachusetts For Further ReadingEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
More detailed information about research and records of Massachusetts can be found in:
- Crandall, Ralph J., ed. Genealogical Research in New England. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1984. (FHL book 974 D27gr.) Provides bibliographic essay on Massachusetts research.
- Lindberg, Marcia Wiswall, ed. Genealogist's Handbook for New England Research. 3rd ed. Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1993. (FHL book 974 D27g 1993; computer number 741018; 1981 ed. fiche 6051401.) This is a guide to the records in each New England state. Includes dates when towns and counties were established. Gives names and addresses for the county records and for the probate offices, libraries, and historical societies of each state.
- Wright, Norman E. Genealogy in America. Vol. 1, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Maine. Salt Lake City: Deseret Book, 1968. (FHL book 973 D27wg.) This contains a very good, in-depth study of state, county, and town records. Some information is out of date.
- Eichholz, Alice, ed. Red Book: American State, County, and Town Sources. 3rd ed. Provo, Utah: Ancestry, 2004. (FHL Collection Book 973 D27rb 2004.) WorldCat entry. Contains bibliographies and background information on history and ethnic groups. Also contains maps and tables showing when each county was created.
- This page was last modified on 30 January 2015, at 21:57.
- This page has been accessed 1,250 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More