McDowell County, West VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This West Virginia-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
|McDowell County, West Virginia|
Location in the state of West Virginia
Location of West Virginia in the U.S.
90 Wyoming Street
#109 Welch, WV 24801 304-436-8344
- County Clerk has birth records from 1872
- Marriage records from 1861
- Death records 1894
- Probate and land records 1897
- Circuit Court Clerk has divorce records
County seat first Perryville; changed to Welch in 1892.
See an interactive map of McDowell County boundary changes.
Places / Localities
For tips on accessing McDowell County, West Virginia census records online, see: West Virginia Census.
West Virginia, Civil War Service Records of Union Soldiers, 1861-1865
- West Virginia, Naturalization Records, 1814-1991
Welch Daily News
Welch, WV 24801
$7.50 mth./$75.00 year subscription (only archives back a few years)
McDowell County, West Virignia Will Books 1893-1968
West Virginia Will Books
Societies and Libraries
McDowell County Historical Society
HC 61 Box 37-B
Paynesville, WV 24873
President: Dr. Tom Hatcher
Secretary/Treasurer: Geneva Steele
Family History Centers
Craft Memorial Library, Bluefield, WV
- Family History Library Catalog
- CYNDI'S List West Virginia
- McDowell County Articles
- McDowell West Virginia Families
- McDowell Count National Register of Historic Places
- McDowell County, West Virginia Wikipedia
Learning How to Edit our Wiki Sites
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More