McKenzie County, North Dakota GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
McKenzie County, North Dakota genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|McKenzie County, North Dakota|
Location in the state of North Dakota
Location of North Dakota in the U.S.
|Founded||May 24, 1901|
|Address|| McKenzie County Courthouse|
201 5th St NW
PO Box 523
Watford, ND 58854
Adams County Website
Clerk District Court has birth and death records from 1943,
marriage, divorce, probate and court records from 1905
and burial records; Register of Deeds has land records
Vital Records consist of births, adoptions, marriages, divorces, and deaths recorded on registers, certificates, and documents. A copy or an extract of most original records can be purchased from the North Dakota Vital Records State Department of Health or the County Clerk's office of the county where the event occurred.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- McKenzie County, North Dakota Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), McKenzie County, North Dakota. Page 524 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).