McKinley County, New MexicoEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
McKinley County Courthouse
200 W Hill Ave;
Gallup, NM 87301-6309
County Clerk has birth records 1907-1958,
probate and land records from 1901
and voter registeration Clerk District Court
has divorce records
- 1901--McKinley County was created 1 January 1901 (law dated 23 February 1899) from Bernalillo County.
- County seat: Gallup 
- 1901 - On 18 March 1901, McKINLEY gained from BERNALILLO, SAN JUAN, and VALENCIA counties, assuming present shape.
Ramah Cemetery in Ramah NM
For tips on accessing McKinley County, New Mexico census records online, see: New Mexico Census.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
The primary function of the McKinley County Clerk is to file and record documents of all kinds, including all land documents, maps and plats for the county, subdivision maps and surveys, legal descriptions, bills of sale, and property tax liens.
McKinley county Clerks Office
McKinley county NM Courthouse
207 West Hill St
Gallup, NM 87301
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Gallup New Mexico Family History Center in Gallup, New Mexico
- Ramah New Mexico Family History Center in Ramah, New Mexico
- Thoreau New Mexico Family History Center in Thoreau, New Mexico
- USGenWeb for McKinley county NM. Has Cemeteries, Census, History, and Obituary information.
- General Land Office records for original land patents.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ N.M. Terr. Laws 1899, 33d assy., ch. 19/pp. 43-45
- ↑ N.M. Terr. Laws 1901, 34th assy., ch. 39/pp. 75-79
|This New Mexico-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback