McLean Virginia Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 2034 Great Falls Street, McLean, Virginia
- Enter through the plate glass doors facing the playing fields and Idylwood.
- Location on Map
- Wednesday and Thursday: 9:30 - 4:30 and 7-9:30
- Friday: 9:30- 1
- Saturdays: 9:30-4:30
Holiday Schedule: Closed Memorial Day Weekend, Fourth of July, Labor Day Weekend, Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays and when Fairfax County Schools are closed or delayed for inclement weather.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
Hardware and Equipment
- 9 computers
- 2 digital film scanners
- 6 microfilm readers
- 1 digital fiche reader/printer
- 4 network printers
- Wi-Fi Access & Wireless printer
- Free internet access
- Ability to Print Fan Charts on 11x17 Card Stock.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
McLean Family History Center is located about 1 mile from the West Falls Church Metro Station. This allows ease of access to Washington, DC. In Washington, DC, you will be able to get to DAR Library, Library of Congress, and National Archives. There are a number of major universities as well such as Georgetown, George Washington, American University, Catholic University and the University of Maryland.
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More